2013/03/28

letter to my dear friend

Dear CB san,

Its been a while since we last wrote to each other, and I specially took time off this morning to  go through my old blogs and pictures and hopefully I can combine all the broken pieces of memory and make them into a present for you and me to keep as our forever shared memory.

I remember our very last contact came from your New Year wishes in Watsapp on Dec 31 last year, we were still talking about when you would come visiting me again in HK and I promised to be your host this time. 

You know I have been using the bedsheet you gave me all these years and now I think it was a trick you gave me so that I would keep recalling you every day and night.

I have also been hanging the bread you gave me in my room but recently it broke and I couldn't have it fixed from its key chain, now it can only be kept between the shelf railings.

You know we've been friends since 2007 and you were such a caring colleague and entertained me all the time. Although we were not e kind of close friends tat would share secrets, but I knew in my heart you were such a true friend who treasured our friendship so much and treated me as one of your life long friend.

Even after I left SG and started working in BAH, you were the one who kept mailing me presents from time to time and gave me surprises and surprises and surprises all the time!!!

I still remember you liked coming HK for your toys hunting and actually I felt so bored everytime I went shopping w/ u! We didn't really have lots of conversations and I still remember there was a time I visited you at your hostel but then I took a nap on your bed instead!

Last year Jan when I went to SG w/ my bf for a holiday you were the only friend from SG who were so kind to offer your flat for us to stay. I wonder how Sushi feels now, he must be so sad as we all do.

I am glad tat I have been written blogs all these years if not I would have lost all the good memories we both shared over the years. I didn't even remember you went to see my performance and wrote me sooooo detailed feedbacks, it was so sweet of you! I immediately watched the youtube link LS recorded to confirm your comments. "Radiant Smile", hahaha, thx for praising me this.

My old blog said you, me and LS had a day hang out in Sept 2007, now I remember we had Japanese lunch and we also went to Ikea and a hawker centre nearby and then we went to a mall near ?? to continue our long chats. It was a hard time for me and so it was you and LS at that time to cheer me up.

When I was about to leave SG in end Oct 2007, our company also had some kind of farewell dinner for me?? or you too?? all forgotten, hahahha.......

Right after I left SG, you and LS immediately traveled to HK for a holiday and so we 3 met and hang out again in HK, so funny us!! But stupid xanga posts all became very weird now and I can't see our pictures on9 anymore............ I only remember we 3 dressed up and went Trick or Treat in Lan Kwai Fong and we also went to see the big Budda in Lantau and then spent a day in SZ too?!

I have tried my best to find out all the broken pieces of our shared memory here and there, but I afraid there were some lost in somewhere where I can't find. The very last bit, I just found the old pics in my lappy when you took me to your hometown Melaka for a holiday in Oct 2007,  right before I left SG I believe, and there, I found the best pic of you, my dear friend, Carolyn Boey, and I wish you Rest In Peace...........




















Your Best Friend from HK,
OD san
28 March 2013