2014/06/06

Why Ochivaye Dreams 夢想 為甚麼專訪

Today I finished my 9th interview

Many times I was in doubt
What was the meaning of continuing doing interviews

During my journey
Everytime I met somebody in destiny
I invited them to do “Ochivaye Dreams” interviews
I explained to them my reasons, thoughts, and goals
They responded with excitements, gladness, and positivity
And then, they shared their most private and memorable stories with me

I had so much pleasure
To listen to so many invaluable stories

The only thing I could do
Is to spend effort
And to try my best
To write down the most precise stories

At the end
Are the interviewees luckier
Had the chance to be interviewed and heard

Or
Are the Interviewers luckier
Had the chance to listen stories and get inspirations

Doing interviews
Is a very easy task actually
Just to jot down all the contents

However
Writing an article isn’t
One hour interview
Always end up spending another 5 to 6 hours before publishing
Why am I so poor in writing
And even want to have it bilingual

At the end
Not even started writing after one month of the interview
Or even 2 to 3 interviews were on hold

Once I thought
Is it better if I stop interviewing people if things go on like this
At the end of the day
I don’t think I have too many readers who are interested

At first
My thought at the beginning
I wanted my journey to be more meaningful
I started my journey because of achieving dream
So I hope I could link up my trip with dreams
Other than knowing other people’s dreams
I could also share the stories with others
And to inspire others
I wish everyone could find the courage to achieve their own dreams

Today
I interviewed an exiled Tibetan Buddhist monk
I never thought of interviewing him after knowing him for 2 days
I was only a passerby
I approached him for direction only on the first day
However
He took me to his office
Served me juice
Shared their temples’ stories with me
And
Asked me to look for him again the next day
He could take me to visit the other temples

So
I looked for him again yesterday
He took me to visit every single temples in the whole region by tuk tuk taxi in 2 hours’ time
He didn’t even let me pay
When saying goodbye
He spoke to me in broken Mandarin
Do take good care of myself

Actually
2 days were more than enough to visit the area
However
I felt so shameful after hearing what he told me
I was only a passerby
Why did he treat me so well
The only explanation
Was he treated me as a friend from far far away

So
I decided to stay for 1 more day
To conduct an interview with him
It was the only thing I could do
As a present for him for myself or for the readers

Today
He was in shock when he saw me
I told him I wanted to conduct an interview with him
However
His English and Mandarin were poor
I couldn’t speak Tibetan language or Hindi either
So we got his friend to help translating

Since
Both he and his friend needed to work
From 10am to 8pm
I finally finished my interview

At last
He gave me a Guan Yin statue which accompanied him for 14 years
As the present for exchange

Again
I felt so shameful
Because he knew I would once again pass on the present
He still gave me such an invaluable gift

The only thing I could do
Is to take good care of the statue
And to find an owner who would treasure it

May be
I really couldn’t do anything after I published my articles
At least
I could try my best to write every single “Ochivaye Dreams” article
With thankfulness
And be the first person who got inspirations from each article

05/06/2014 (Chinese Version)
15/09/2014 (English Version)


今天 完成了第九個專訪

很多時候
心裏產生了疑問
這樣子不斷做訪問到底有甚麼意思

在旅途上
每每遇到有緣人
都會邀請他們做夢想專訪
然後 跟他們解釋我的原因 想法 目的
每次 他們都會很雀躍 很榮幸 很樂意
然後 把他們最珍貴最私人的故事跟我分享


竟然有那麼多的榮幸
去聆聽那麼多難能可貴的故事

然後 來到交換禮物環節
他們還會用盡心思去給我找一份最珍貴的禮物

我 唯一能做的
是花時間花心機
盡我所能
把他們的故事最準確的寫下來

到底
是被訪者比較幸運
能有被訪問被聆聴的機會

還是
訪問者比較幸運
能有聆聽故事得到啟發的機會

做訪問
其實是一件很簡單的事情
只需把內容通通寫下來就好了

可是
寫作文章卻不是一件簡單的事情
一個小時的訪問
往往要花五六倍的時間才能發佈
誰叫我的文筆差
還要中英對照

最後
往往訪問完畢後一個月還沒開始下筆
甚至連帶兩三篇訪問on hold

曾經
有想過這樣子下去不如不寫了
反正
我不覺得有太多有興趣的讀者

但是
當初的構思
其實是希望自己的旅程更加有意義
我 因為夢想而啟程
所以 同樣希望以夢想連結旅程
除了知道別人的夢想
還能夠跟其他人分享
用別人的故事啟發其他人
希望大家找回那份追夢的勇氣

今天
訪問對象是一位流亡到印度的藏族僧人
我 認識了他兩天都沒有打算跟他做專訪的念頭
我 只是一位路人甲
第一天在寺院胡亂走的時候迷路跟他問路而已
就這樣
他把我帶到他的辦公室
給我招待了果汁
還給我講解了他們寺院的故事
然後
叫我有時間的話可以第二天再找他
他可以帶我參觀其他寺院

於是 昨天我又去了找他
他竟然帶我坐三輪的士把整個地區大大小小的寺院都參觀了
足足遊覽了兩個小時
還不肯讓我付費
臨別時
他用很不純正的國語跟我說
要我好好保重身體

其實 兩天時間已足夠有餘去遊覽這個地區
可是 因為他臨別的一句說話卻令我心中有愧
我 只是一位路人甲
為甚麼要對我那麼好呢
唯一的解釋
就是他視我為一位遠道而來的朋友

於是
我決定多留一天
跟他做專訪
這是我唯一有能力做的事
當做禮物送給他送給自己送給讀者也好

今天
他看見我的時候流露著驚訝的表情
我跟他說想跟他做專訪
可是
他的英文和中文都不流利
我又不會說藏語和印度語
只好請來了他的朋友幫忙做翻譯

就這樣
在他和他朋友都要工作的情況下
從早上十時到晚上八時
我終於把這個訪問完成

最後
他把陪了他十四個年頭的觀音像
送給我做交換禮物
我 再一次心中有愧
愧 是因為雖然他知道我會再次把禮物轉送別人
仍然把那麼珍貴的禮物送給我


有能力做的是
好好保管這個觀音像
和盡力找一位懂得珍惜她的主人

也許
文章發佈後的事情我管不了
但起碼
我能夠懷著感恩的心
把每一篇夢想專訪寫好
和做每一篇文章第一個受啟發的人

Keshava Temple, Karnataka, India - Jun 2014